We’re pleased to announce that Twitterrific 5.2 is now available in the App Store and brings with it our most requested new feature – native push notifications. Once enabled in settings, Twitterrific will now notify you when you receive mentions, direct messages, new followers and more. We’ve even added an option to display unique icons along with the messages so they are easy to discern on your device’s lock screen.
Please note that Twitterrific’s new push notification service is in Beta test and will be rolling out gradually to groups of 1,000 users over the next few weeks. If you cannot enable push notifications on your first attempt, just try again in a few days.
Other notable additions in 5.2 include:
- Profiles redesigned to display user banners
- Discussions can now be shared via email & Storify
- Droplr thumbnails now display in the timeline
- The timeline can now display up to 600 tweets (was 400)
- Various changes to make VoiceOver less verbose
- Bug fixes, UI tweaks and much more
Twitterrific 5 has received wonderful reviews since its launch and continues to improve with each release. The app is currently on sale directly from the App Store for just $2.99. Existing users can update to version 5.2 via the App Store’s software update. Enjoy!